We invite you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:
- John 1:35-42
- What do you want? – The presence of Jesus
- Where are you staying? – To be in the presence of Jesus
- Practice 1: Be in the presence of Jesus through his people. How much do you prioritize being in Jesus’ presence in the weekly worship gathering? Please commit this new year to be in worship and use the first song we sing to acknowledge his presence in that place.
- Practice 2: Set Times of Prayer. The early church had set times they would pray. (See Acts 3) Find a new way to pray in 2024. Maybe set an alarm on your watch that goes off at 7 AM, 12 PM, 5 PM, and 8 PM to interrupt your day and remind you to acknowledge Jesus’s presence in your life.
- Practice 3: Let Jesus be present to you in and through his written word. We have a SAPC reading plan we’ll be following this year and would invite you to join us as we read God’s word together. Pick up a copy on Sunday or download it here.
- Because of this sermon, how has your life changed, matured, or challenged?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your Life Group community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (DLibbon@StAndrews.Church).
- Expositors Biblical Commentary
- ESV Church History Study Bible notes.
- NIV Study Bible Notes
- NET Study Notes
- Various articles from Practicingtheway.org
You can listen to the sermon in the player below or follow St. Andrew’s Sermon Podcast on Spotify. The sermon podcast is also available on Apple and Google Podcasts.