Don’t just take our word for it . . . We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: John 14:15-26
- Read John 14:15-26 and underline all the ways the Holy Spirit is described. What does this tell you about what he does?
- How does he dwell with believers? How has he been a comfort to you? How has he been a counselor?
- When was the last time you had a big decision? Did you ask for counsel?
- Who does the Holy Spirit point to? What happens when we try to make him point to himself?
- How does the Holy Spirit show us the kingdom? Does this make you uncomfortable at times? Is that a bad thing?
- Because of this sermon, how is your life changed, matured, or been challenged?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your Life Group community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (DLibbon@StAndrews.Church).
- Pilgrim Theology- Horton
- Communion with the Triune God- Owen
- The Expositor’s Bible Commentary Acts
- Reformed Exegetical Commentary Acts
- The Holy Spirit – Bevins
You can listen to the sermon in the player below or you can follow St. Andrew’s Sermon Podcast on Spotify. The sermon podcast is also available on Apple and Google Podcasts.