Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: 1 Peter 2:1-12
- Who are we? We are Chosen and Precious.
- What are we? We are Called out of Darkness into Light
- What are we to do? We Live Honorably.
- What does the word mercy mean to you?
- Can you recall times in your life where you have been shown mercy?
- Can you recall times where you have shown mercy to others (more personal reflection than group discussion)?
- Where have you struggled to find your identity?
- Are there areas in your life where you need to allow the light and mercy of Christ to shine?
- Where are you being called to in Holiness to lead with love and live with mercy?
- What questions does this text stir inside of you?
- How is your life changed, matured, or challenged because of this sermon?
- Who will you tell and what will you tell because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your Life Group community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email Phillip Wilson (PWilson@StAndrews.Church).
- Henry, Matthew. Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Whole Bible: Complete and Unabridged in One Volume. Peabody: Hendrickson, 1994.
- Jamieson, Robert, A. R. Fausset, and David Brown. Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible. Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997.